< Travelogue: Alone in Taiwan PT 2! >

Hello peeps and happy mid-week to every single one of you. Be patient cause two more days later  it's Friday again. Cheers to awesome Friday and splendid weekend!
Finally able to come back with part 2 of Taiwan travelogue which it's all about Taipei this time.


Hello day 4! 

I go for lunch immediately after I came back from Tainan, checked in my hostel and settled everything. Was walking around to see what's the best for lunch and I happened to find this local fast food shop (T.K.K Fried Chicken). Not really a fast food person but I decided to give it a shot. I choose a set that served with sweet potato chips and oh my god, I love it!



Walk around to explore Ximending district. 


Bad quality don't care. Cause this is the one and only picture I have for that day. 


My summer trip in Taiwan wouldn't complete if I go home without having a bowl of mango shaved ice to battle with the scorching sun.  It's my first time trying this outlet in Ximending (幸春三兄妹冰品店). The shaved ice was so fluffy but the mango sorbet has some sort of weird taste which I don't really like about it. I still prefer the one at Yong Kang Street ( Smoothie House 思慕昔, previously known as Ice Monster.) 


One of the perks staying in Ximending is that you can actually hunt for supper anytime. This is me having the Hot Star large fried chicken. 


Grabbed an Ovaltine drink from 7-eleven too.


I was glad that the weather that day itself turned out to be  really good even though the weather forecast showed that it will be raining whole day long. 


I went to Ah Zong Mian Xian (Flour rice noodle) for lunch which nearby my place, probably a 5 minutes walk. I guess this needs no further introduction cause it's a must-eat in Taipei. 




Some touristy for the day and I went to National Concert Hall. 

Followed by few shameless selfies...





I was supposed to visit this place during my last trip but due to time constraint, I was forced to let go this place of attraction. I promised to myself that I have to visit this place no matter what. And thanks god for the great weather for that day, I finally able to make a visit there. FYI, Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall is just right behind National Concert Hall. 


Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall checked!

One of my favourite shot and it can be considered as the best shot for the entire trip. Trick for this photo: Place your camera together with mini tripod on the floor and ask somebody around to press the shutter for me. 




Headed to Roahe Night Market to get some street foods crave fixed. I missed this awesome night market for my last visit to Taipei so I promised myself I must visit here this time by hook or by crook. It's always so flexible to travel alone cause you able to untick places you want to go so badly. 



The famous Okonomiyaki in Rouhe. Was supposed to grab one for myself but I think the portion is too big for me. If I have this, then my stomach will have no space for others. Just letting go the chance to try and hopefully I can make a trip back to try this out. 


I tried this special toast that served with pearl and generous amount of condensed milk. And surprisingly, it turned out to be very yummy and chewy at the same time.. hehe.. Didn't know that pearl goes really well with toast! haha. 


They serve for few different kind of flavours too such as creme brulee too!


On the next day I just went to Yong Kang street with one of my korean friend. We were supposed to have our lunch at Ding Tai Fung Xinyi flagship store but the queue was madly crowded by tourists. The waiting time is approx 70 mins so we decided to try YongKang beef noodles first before our xiaolongbao feast.  Read some of the reviews online saying that the Q for beef noodles is usually quite long too, but thanks god we don't need to Q for it all. Ordered straight away after we've got our seats. 



And finally it's our turn to be seated but we both were quite full that time. So we just order fried rice and xiao long bao. 



Longshan Temple after satisfied meals!



 My dorm friend & I decided to make an impromptu trip to Elephant Mountain (象山).  It's me together with Taipei 101.


Totally not ready to hike but still drag myself to hike to the top of Xiangshan. My advice for you is to wear something comfortable cause the hiking trail includes lots, lots and lots of stairs. 




I guess the best time to hike the mountain is about late afternoon, probably during 4pm -5pm whereby you can catch sunset view as well as the magnificent night view of Taipei city. 



It's my second last day in Taipei but it was raining whole day. So sad cause I planned to rent a U-bike and cycle around Taipei 101. Maybe this is the excuse for me to visit Taiwan soon.  The rain was so heavy to the extend I couldn't go out to have my lunch. 




Back to the hostel cause my whole last day was ruined by rain. Thank you for the great night all my Korean girls. Hopefully we can meet up soon in Korea next time and looking forward to see you guys. I'm lucky to meet you guys for my last night there. 


Had Taiwan beer and chit chat with them.


My breakfast before heading to airport. (Follow my Snapchat for live update: sereneleticia)


As promised in the earlier post, I will be sharing all my accommodations details and for those who's planning to travel alone, I hope all of the information I shared here will be useful for you. Don't forget to share your experience with me too! :) 

My stay in Kaohsiung @ Ahiruyah 鸭家青年旅馆. It's the new guest house in Kaohsiung so I have absolutely no doubt with their cleanliness at all. I was impressed when I first stepped into the guesthouse cause everything is so neat and tidy.  I mean I have never imagine everyone is behaving so well and put everything to their initial place. Oh ya! Did I tell you that this guesthouse is run by a Japanese and most or I can say said mostly 70% of the guests are Japanese. If you are not comfortable with sharing rooms with others, they do offer single room or family room too. 

Pics are credited to AHIRUYAH 鴨家青年旅館.
  1. My stay in Tainan @ 365.合日旅所. My verdict on this guest house - This guest house is actually located at some small alleys in the middle of peaceful Tainan city. Everyone there was really friendly and nice. I guess this is what a guesthouse should be like. Each of everyone of us sit together, make friends, talk and joke around. We watched movie together at the tatami area till late night. It feels like home even though I was just there for a night. I will definitely be back. :)


My room for the night. I occupied the whole dorm cause no one actually check in for that night. 



And last but not least, my stay in Taipei. I've booked two different places for my 5 nights in Taipei. One is located just a stone away from Taipei main station, which is Work Inn 窩旅館. If you're looking for convenient place to stay in Taipei, you should have just go for this. They're actually offering few types of room like from the most basic one will be dorm room, and then followed by single bedroom, twin bedroom and tatami room as well. 

All pics are credited to Work Inn.


I booked single room for the first night in Taipei. 


And for the rest of my days in Taipei, I am staying at 臺北西門窩 Ximen Wow Hostel. Great location whereby you can easily access to Ximending area for some food hunting and shopping. What I dislike about this place is that they have very bad sound-proof system. You can hear sounds from outside especially the hair dryer sound during the midnight that make me really frustrated and can't sleep well for the whole night. 




That's all for my Taiwan travelogue and I'm looking forward to travel alone in the near future. Maybe Korea next time? Faster share with me your experience if you have travel alone before. :) 

Follow my Instagram / Snapchat @sereneleticia for live updates See you guys there and have a great long weekend ahead! 

With love,
Serene

Drop me questions in the comment box below if you have any. :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SERENELETICIA. ALL IMAGE COPYRIGHTED BY SERENELETICIA.